Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday 19th March 2021....I got shot today

Today was shot day.... just about one year and one week since lock down...I decided I would play it by ear and see when I woke up this morning....


Turns out I woke up at 4.30am.....so I got dressed in some warm clothes, made a sandwich, got some drinks and was out of the house and I had already selected one of the ten sites to have the vaccine and it was close to my house and I arrived at 5 am.....there were maybe twenty people ahead of me and really the three hour wait was not so bad and I made a good call because I reckon close to 200 people were behind me in the line up when they opened the doors about 7.30am.


I must acknowledge all the staff and volunteers the whole procedure was like a well oiled machine.......we were first taken onto the basket ball court and I was so lucky I was on the first row...





By the time I was taken into the next hall all these chairs were filled...




Even saw some balloons...






Document proof was required here and a form filled out and then into the second hall where there were three stations with nurses doing the vaccine shots....


All extremely well monitored and everyone had masks and maintained social distances..


They brought around free bottles of water and a fruit bar.....


Pretty soon I was next and here is the nurse preparing my dose....





You have to wait thirty minutes after the shot and I was on my way just over five hours after I arrived.


It does feel good to get the first shot and I now look forward to the second one in a few weeks time.


I then went out delivering some food hampers to the village and back home to rest and relax...


A lovely sky tonight!!















Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...