Thursday, July 23, 2020

Thursday 23 rd July 2020.....Day 157!!!

Today was going to be a hiking day I had picked out

a long hike, 10 km and followed by a shorter hike to a beautiful lake.


After doing my house and dog chores I was on the road by 11 am and I have to tell you that this new car of mine is an absolute delight...I made a great choice!!


This was the first hike





 and all up hill and obviously as the name suggests tea pots and cups everywhere..














Too many to count but I did hear a young girl on the way down say she had counted 67!!!


The view of the lake was not all that special...








But it was a good hard hike!!


I then drive about 45  minutes to

Lindeman Lake



(August 2008)
















Lindeman Lake is a small lake in Chilliwack Lake Provincial ParkBritish ColumbiaCanada. Located at the end of a 3.4 km trail, it is a popular hiking destination. A variety of fish inhabit this lake, including brook trout, cutthroat trout, rainbow trout, steelhead. Lindeman lake can be found by driving 40.5 km from Vedder Crossing along Chilliwack Lake road. 


Again this hike was all up hill through the forests with many small waterfalls along the way...














The lake is quite lovely and very cold....











Nice lunch spot..






The boys we happy to see me and all is well!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Did you take a swim?

Dee Tillotson said...

Les just a wild idea--you already know that there are two types of land traffic at the border--essential vehicles to promote commerce and non-essential vehicles for recreation, tourism, and visiting friends and family. If you return to your Canadian dealership to discuss what it would cost to load Blaze onto one of those double decker car haulers (with other cars) driven across the border to say a Nissan dealership in Seattle, that would come under essential commerce. In addition, I checked the rules and you can fly (one way) from Vancouver to Seattle with no problem, not even a quarantine in the US. Of course, you then pick up Blaze in Seattle with all of her documentation. However, your next step will be a hard one; your usual borders into Mexico are now so hot with infection--so hot that medical personnel are now picking and choosing infected persons who are more likely to live as ones to be treated first. And, I just heard today that the Mexican Army will be manning the borders because cartel activity has risen to a high level. Decisions, Decisions!

Be safe and hugs!

mexicokid said...

The water was way too cold..thanks for the information re the car but as it is for me now I am staying put till at least the start of September and see what the border situation is then...I can fly direct from. a voucher to Mexico City....but Mexico is not the place for me right now...take care les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...