Sunday, July 05, 2020

Sunday 5th July 2020..Day 139!!!

Another lovely sunny day and I left my quaint little apartment and was here by 9am and almost had the beach to myself...











So cool to see another waterfall flowing to the beach....














Back on the road and heading up to Port Renfrew......when I was about 8 km from the little town a mini disaster struck...I was on this very narrow twisty road with no pull offs and there was a very loud noise from the back of the car.....


I slowed right down and eventually  found a small space to stop and got out and checked the rear wheel which is where I thought the noise came from.....but the wheel was fine and not hot.


I then got on my hands and knees and looked under the car and saw what the problem was.


All of my friends and my ardent readers here know that mechanics, fixing things is not my forte....


What I saw was that the exhaust pipe was dragging on the Tarmac...the bracket that holds it up was separated, I guess the bolt that holds it together had come loose and fell off.


So there I was on quite a desolate road with no tools and no cell service....


I really did not know what to do and after about ten  minutes with no vehicles passing by I decided to act.....I looked in the glove compartment and there was a ladies thin elastic headband....so I got the blanket out of the car and laid it down and got down and looked and realized that I could fasten the head band into one of the holes on the clamp and pulled it up off the road and fastened it to the other clamp.....it was not perfect but at least it was off the ground and I drove slowly into the small town.


My first thought was to find an Rv park and ask someone there to help, they always have tools....but I passed a big house on the road with a couple of families sitting outside, kids playing and there was big trucks and sheds and I pulled in.


The lady came up to me and I asked if it was possible to hire her husband to fix the problem.....she was funny she smiled and said you can not hire him you can have him...


Long story short he went and got a metal coat hanger, a good pair of pliers and within two minutes had it fixed for me....meanwhile the lady offered me tea or a coffee, which I declined...


I went to pay him and they said no way just pay it forward.....I just smiled and didn’t not say anything, knowing I am the king of paying forward, and I said of course I would but then I gave the lady twenty dollars and asked her to please treat the kids to ice cream!!!  She was thrilled and so was I!!!!




That angel is with me again...kind folks!!


back on the road I went here....





A nice hike down to the lovely tide pool beach and rocks....






Peter I tried re create the photo your friend took here...this was the best I could do with my little camera..











Next stop was off a logging road with great bridge views..





Into the forest to here...











A short hike to this amazing tree....











My final stop was Fairy lake.. a very beautiful lake with this tree as the centre piece...











The rest of the drive home was good ..









and I arrived back around 7pm...everyone happy to see me and Boomer very happy to see me.....


It was a nice little getaway.....I am hoping to try tennis again mañana!!


I like this...





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A great shot of the mystery hole. That was a nice circle drive!

mexicokid said...

Yes a good little mini road trip..🌈

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...