Thursday, July 02, 2020

Thursday 2 Nd July 2020..Day 135!!!!

Two birthdays today to celebrate....my long time friend 

Inga is celebrating her birthday today, I went round to her house yesterday with some flowers and had a lovely visit.


Today is Zach’s birthday, he turns 24 and is enjoying his time working on the golf course in Radium Hot Springs.....we all sang him Happy birthday this morning!!


I think it goes without saying that I am a sports nut....all the Pearson boys are and have been...if I cannot play then I love to watch.


My brother told me about this website where for twenty dollars a month I can watch live soccer and tennis games and I have been enjoying morning games from England most days this week and today was no exception....


This was not just any game but starred my child hood soccer team Sheffield United, nick named the Blades after the steel city.


I so desperately wanted to play for them but alas was not good enough so if I could not be on the field of play the next best thing was being a Police Officer and working on crowd control at the ground.....remember we are going back fifty years and crowd control then was sitting around the pitch on a small stool and watching the game.


Today’s game was from that same stadium......so Boomer and I were glued to my computer!!!





The last few times I have watched them I have been disappointed because I thought they lacked effort...not the case today....





They were worthy winners...


This man would have got my choice for man of the match too...he ran his socks off!!





Another thing I loved about this game is that this league is arguably the best in the world and here we have in this rough and tumble men’s game a female assistant referee .....I am so happy for her!!





I then went to the usual foursome Thursday afternoon poker game where I continued my winning ways with an eight dollar victory!!


Next stop was in Duncan 






where I went to the Nissan dealership and took this vehicle for a test drive...








This has been the vehicle I have liked since before I left SMA.....the test drive was very good and the end result was  that I take possession of the car 11th July!!


Need a name any suggestions, Heather suggested, Boomette!!!!!


I continued south on the island to the town of Sooke





 where I am staying at a lovely Airbnb for three nights, I have stayed here three times before and it is very lovely apartment on a small hobby farm......lots of ocean top hiking and relaxing!!


This shot was taken last night on Canada day...not so bad for an old guy!!!





This deer we see often, she is pregnant and this time having lunch right outside the front window!!





Stay safe and healthy!! 


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Have a fun filled three days!

mexicokid said...

I will even with the rain cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...