Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Tuesday 18th December 2018.....no time to Rest!!!

Some catching up from yesterday first......Very sadly Jerry’s Mum who is 92 and lives in Nova Scotia has been very sick and is in ICU and Jerry needed to get on a plane and fly back to be with her...so spent some time yesterday morning helping him make arrangements and he left last night and returns on Saturday!!!

I will be around for Paula if she needs anything!!!!


In the afternoon I went for gym session with Aaron and always a good hour and straight afterwards went to my English class....I assume it is the time of the year but attendance has been way down the last three weeks and tonight I had my friend Kristen come to class and and three students turned up but boy did we have fun....Kristen showed them how to make a Christmas ornament from a canning jar lid!!!!






Even the teacher got into it!!!!














Their creativity is astonishing I was so proud of them all!!!


Wednesday was to be our last class this semester and we were going to have a party but I received an email from the administrator telling us that the school where we rent the classrooms will be closed for a private function so there will be no class....this makes me sad because I had a gift for them and wanted to see them one more time this year!!!


This morning I had tennis ..a great two hours and quite warm and then I went over to pick up Gracie and take her to the bus station....she took a luxury bus from here to Mexico City airport port and then a free shuttle to a hotel where she will be staying the night before she goes back to the airport tomorrow for her 2 pm flight to New Jersey and arrives at her daughter’s around 9 pm tomorrow..she is so excited as there was some concern that Emily might have the baby before her due date New Year’s Eve and Gracie wanted to be there...


I am staying in the house and taking care of Gracie’s two little dogs who you will get to meet tomorrow!!


After the bus station I went up to the Tuesday market and picked up all the little gifts for the Kindergarten girls and some more socks and gloves and I do believe that is the end of the spending!!!!!


At 4 pm I went to the RV park and had a visit with Paula...Jerry arrived safely in Nova Scotia and is visiting with his Mum....I then went up to the part of the park to meet again with another long time couple Ruth and Kevin..they lead the nomadic life style in their motor home and here with a group of 7 other RV couples in a caravan touring around Mexico..


It was really a nice visit and to see friends again...met some very interesting people..one lady was wearing a Salvation Army jacket and we chatted a while....another of the group used to work at a hotel in Bermuda some of the years I was there...



Some of the group knew about my efforts with the Three Kings toy drive and they had a collection and I came home with 1200 pesos and two bags filled with little gifts for the kids!!!




Then back home....fed the dogs....took a hot bath, yes Gracie has a bath tub and finally going to take a rest!!!


Gracie arrived safely and is relaxing in her hotel room!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Oh my! I do remember Bermuda's beautiful pink sand. Another trip to Bermuda from Charlotte, NC (only two hours flying time) may be a good trial run to determine if Beach can now withstand a plane trip with his new knees.

mexicokid said...

Absolutely would be a good test....do it! Lp

Shirley Whitelaw said...

Hi Les,
I have never been able to figure out how to get your blog daily. I just have to remember to check in occasionally. Ant hints?

mexicokid said...

If you type in www.mexicokid.blogspot.com. Should do it ..thanks lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...