Monday, December 24, 2018

Monday 24th December 2018....Tis the season!!!!

Happy holidays.......a quiet relaxing time this morning before I went to the tennis courts for 11am...I had been invited to play with a different group and it was good tennis a bit higher standard than my usual group..a lot of fun and I hope I get asked to play again!!!


I had lost touch with Paola again but was able to reach her a couple of days ago and we arranged to meet in the park and she was there on time and with her was her older brother he is about 19 and to be honest he has never liked me..all those years ago when I was seeing Paola regularly bringing her and her Mum many things including things for the house he would never acknowledge me and when I bought Paola a bike for Christmas he trashed it three weeks late..so I was surprised to see him and I wonder about the family dynamics did he Mother send him I just don’t know anyway he sat on the bench but never spoke to me....


Paula and Jerry and brought some wonderful clothes down for her and I gave her those and she loved them and put one of the sweaters on right away....I asked her if she wanted to go back to the dentist again and she does so that will be good....


It was good to see her I gave her 500 pesos and a 100 pesos for a taxi home to the campo!!!!


This evening I went here






For the carol service and I did not really care for it...a lot of carols that I have never heard and a lot of scripture readings....


Tonight I was invited to Sara’s house she had a few friends over for drinks and I stayed a little while and now home with the babies!!!


This was this afternoon on the deck!!






I do like this quotation!!







Baby update......still no BABY!!!!


Wish you all a very safe, healthy and happy holiday!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Hope you will be having a good Christmas Day. Our Christmas weekend was sort of over with this morning when our son and family left to return home to NC this morning and to have Christmas with our daughter-in-law's family. Sooooo quiet around here now.

Glad that you got to see Paola and you brightened her day with some Christmas gifts. It sounds like Paola's mother is from the "old school." I am assuming that she was the one who sent the oldest brother with Paola. Or it may be that the oldest brother (in the absence of a father) has decided to be the one to take on a male head-of-family position. It is traditionally the Catholic and Mexican way even though these alpha males may not be the ones "bringing home the bacon." It would be better for Paola to become an emancipated young lady, but at present, that is not likely to happen in Mexico. Changes in customs do not happen quickly.

No doubt, Gracie's little grandson is eager for his new baby sister to get here AND Santa's visit.

mexicokid said...

Yes I am just not sure what that was about and as you say a different culture....still no baby...maybe today...happy holidays glad you had time with your familyyour family best wishes les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Merry Christmas Les! Enjoy the nice weather and the fur babies!

mexicokid said...

Thanks Peter....lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...