Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Wednesday 7th November 2018......Birthdays....poker and class!!!

Would like to wish my nephew Andy a Happy birthday today....won’t say how old he is..but his uncle Les wishes him a happy birthday....also tomorrow is my Brother Malc’s Birthday...he is really old!!!!!!!


This is Andy and Malc doing what all dignified Englishmen do on a Saturday afternoon.....






Drininking tea at the local football game!!!!



A busy day starting out with going to the Honda dealership in town and paying for my scooter....


This is exactly the same as Little Blackie which I enjoyed so much.....now all we need to do is get a name...any suggestions??????









Afterwards walked into town for some chores and then to the restaurant for an afternoon of poker... seven of us had a great time lots of laughs and I managed to keep the winning streak alive winning 150 pesos!!!


I steady walk to the gym where I met Aaron and my one hour very hard workout!!!


I just about have time to cool down..eat a banana and walk across the street to my English class....


Tonight I had invited my good friend Kristen to class she has been before and is a very delightful and gifted young lady...






After introductions were made the students all told of their pay it forward act and it is so great to hear they all did something!!!!


Then I handed over the class to Kristen and she had them making their own poppy!!!


You can see they are all very artistic......






















I am teaching again tomorrow night and for that class I will print out an information sheet of the importance of the poppy especially this weekend..


They all seemed thrilled to take home their poppy!!


Thank you so much Kristen!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Nice picture of you and yours enjoying some footie! The concentration on their faces while making poppies is wonderful.

mexicokid said...

Yes the game was a few years ago...the class really enjoyed last night cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...