Friday, November 09, 2018

Friday 9th November 2018.... a step up!!!

I was invited this morning to play tennis at the prestigious Golf and Tennis club Malequin just outside of town.....


My tennis partner, Carolyn invited me to play with a couple that live on Salt Spring Island a small island off Vancouver Island and very close to where I used to live.


I met Erica and Colin three years ago and we played tennis then and two years ago I visited them at their home on Salt Spring.


The club and facilities are really top drawer....very nice!!















One of the perks of playing there is that each court is allotted a ball boy.....at first I found this very hard having an 11 year old kid running around picking up my balls but I came to realize that after the game we all chip in and give him a tip and little Angel walked off with 120 pesos this morning for two hours work...when you compare that with the road workers who work an 8 hour day for the same pay.......I just hope he only works at the courts in the mornings and goes to school in the afternoon!!!


Really enjoying the new scooter and going against all the names submitted..she is going to be named Pili!!!!!!


Have a great weekend...


Yashi Kochi!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Great looking tennis club!

Heard a lot of Italian names, and one was "Pili". Looked it up, and the name is the diminutive of "Pilar". Goes well with a modern-looking designed scooter.

mexicokid said...

The scooter is great for these streets ...have a great weekend lp

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow! A beautiful place for a tennis match, and a swim after that. Pili is a much better name than Lemon!

mexicokid said...

Yes a tad nice out there..glad you like the name. Lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...