Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wednesday 21st November 2018...quite a day!!!

Today was a busy one.....for doing a lot of chores all over town the scooter is sure the way to go..........


I picked up two very generous donations today one for 2000 pesos and another one for 3500 pesos...so many kind people!!!


I had an appointment with my eye doctor at 11.30 am but when I arrived I was told she had to go to Queretaro for an emergency so I am scheduled to go back on Friday afternoon.


Did pick up my prescription glasses they are progressive for long medium and short distance...I know they are going to take a bit of getting used to but the long distance seem Ok but not thrilled with the reading and computer parts of the glasses...I will talk to my doctor about this!!


Poker was another win for me this time 100 pesos!!!!


Another wonderful and hard session at the gym!!



For a change I had instructed my English class to meet me close to the railway station tonight at 6pm to see this!!!!!


The Kansas City Southern Mexico Christmas train (KCSR-KCSM) will visit San Miguel and Comonfort as part of the “KCS Christmas Train” tour that will visit 12 cities this year.
Since its launch in 2010, the Christmas Train has visited more than 20 communities on the KCSM rail network and has had more than 40,000 visitors. The Christmas Train consists of two vans decorated with ornaments, a platform car with a birth, a Alto Total cab (Operation Lifesaver), a cabus that commemorates the Mexican Revolution and an ecological locomotive. The whole train is covered with lights.
At each stop, visitors can tour the photo exhibition in the gallery van. You can also watch a Christmas movie on an outdoor screen and receive free soft drinks and gifts. All events are free, open to the public and aim to make the holiday season shine more in disadvantaged communities.
SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE Wednesday, November 21 6:30 p.m. Railway Station
COMONFORT Thursday November 22 6:30 p.m. Railway Station


We arrived at the station at 6.15pm and there were thousands of people and little kids around it was total chaos........


We just talked until around 7.15pm when there was no sign of the train and I told them they could go home and that I was sorry it did not work out...they were very kind and said they enjoying getting out!!!


I waited till 8.30 pm and still no train and many people left ..I felt so sorry for all the little kids waiting!!!!


Finished my day with a 30 Pesos 💇‍♂️ haircut!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow, that's dissappointing, no train… But with the poker winnings your haircut was free!

mexicokid said...

Yes it all works out
..lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...