Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday 26th November......the start of a busy week!!!

Almost the end of the month which for me has gone by at lightening speed.


One of my friends Bill and his wife Jeanette do a great volunteer job at one of the schools out in the Campo....not only do they volunteer their time but they also pay for a lot of the items at the school.....this school is one of the schools where we will be delivering toys for Three Kings so I had an opportunity to go and visit the school this morning..






When I arrived all the children were having their breakfast/lunch.....there is another organization in town called Feed the Hungry and they have drivers deliver meals to the schools each school day and then the cooks at the school heat up and serve the meals....















They all look happy...great to see them all in school uniforms!!


There are six grades of children and they divide into two groups and have a teacher for each of the three grades......I met both teachers and explained what we will be doing for the school..they were so happy!!


I must say the school, buildings, facilities were all in great shape!!!


From there I went to this organization!!









This is a huge community project that delivers dental care to students in the outlying districts.....I met the CEO and explained to her what I wanted to achieve and she wanted me to send her the article I placed in the local paper two weeks ago and she said she will forward it to the people on her mailing list....a good contact!!!


Next up was my visit to the gym and Aaron put me through the works yet again....always feel good when I am finished!!


Home in time to change and off to English class...only two students showed up but it was good in a way as we could have almost a one on one session....it was really good..so proud of them!!!


Now it is time for a shower and a movie!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...