Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tianguis del Martes……Tuesday market

 

The last day in SMA for Janet and Malc and we started off the day by visiting the huge outdoor market.IMG_2629

Enjoy the sights…IMG_2630

IMG_2631

IMG_2632

These Janet and I recommend!!

IMG_2633IMG_2634

You know who had to buy strawberries.  We enjoyed the visit and then it was back home to do some packing and sunbathing for me.

In the late afternoon Janet and Malc wanted to say goodbye to Paola and Daniela so went to the school where they have their English class.  I like this photo taken on the walk to the school.IMG_2635

At the class all the girls seemed excited to see us and I explained to the teacher Lilly that Janet and Malc were leaving for their return to England and they wanted to say good bye to the girls but I also wanted the girls to know that I would still be here.IMG_2636

Paola on the left and then Daniela, what a great shot!!!

IMG_2641 Lilly and Paola.

IMG_2642

The whole class not happy are they????    NOT!!!!!

What an incredible gift for these children to have the chance to learn a second language with such a great Teacher and wonderful friends.

After we left we attended a local churchIMG_2649

IMG_2651

IMG_2657

 

 

 

 

 

Where this young man was giving a free violin recital to thank all his sponsors who had made it possible for him to study in New York.  He is 19 years old and a remarkable musician.

We then went and had a great meal together and finally home for the scrabble game.

I make no apologies for this photo, Malc won his second game but when it was time for the victory photo he put up 5 fingers indicating 5 victories when he only has 2.  He was given several warnings to put the correct number of fingers up or risk the consequences!!!!IMG_2659

Well another part of my journey is almost over we leave at 7am in the morning for Mexico City to tour for the day, spend the night and then drop Janet and Malc off at the airport Thursday afternoon for their return flight to England.

Thank you both for coming over and being so kind to me I have really enjoyed showing you around this great country and thank you for sharing with me my new two special girls.  Have a safe and happy trip home.

Will post to the blog on Thursday night, blessings to all.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...