Friday, January 30, 2009

Thursday 29th January…

The night was very quiet and I woke up at 8am and I thought I would be stiff, aching and tired but surprisingly I was not any of these things.

Had some fresh strawberries and yogurt and figured before the sun got stronger I would tackle the over 500 steps down to the waterfall.IMG_3627

IMG_3628 

It was a great way to start the day and it got me thinking how lucky I am to have the strength, energy and strong lungs and legs to do all the things that I do.  So much of my enjoyment is in walking and running and I am so thankful for my health.IMG_3639

Water falls always remind me of my trip to Costa Rica and the waterfalls I saw there, these falls were very lovely.IMG_3640 The big fall on the right is over 100 feet high.IMG_3642

IMG_3646

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was a great start to the day and Ramona and I were on the road by 9am heading for the beach!!IMG_3656

The first part of the journey was good toll roadsIMG_3658

but that soon changed for small and narrow switch backs through the mountains.IMG_3660

All worth it for this view!!!!

It is over 9 weeks since I saw the ocean.IMG_3668 Found a nice quiet place to park with ocean viewIMG_3669

or the other way the local soccer field.IMG_3670

 

 

 

 

 

 

Couldn’t wait for my first swim of 2009.IMG_3665 IMG_3662 Then went for a long run on the beach, great therapy after a few hours of driving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3667

Not very good but it does say Hi Nanaimo!!

Enjoy the sunset with me.

IMG_3671 

IMG_3673

IMG_3679

IMG_3682

It does feel good to be by the ocean again.  As I was doing my run I thought about the places I have been to in the last few days, what cultural differences and sights.  From the comfort of a beautiful casa in lovely SMA to the hotel with the lovely pools, the Indian village and centuries apart. The volcano, the buried villages and the waterfalls.  Now I have about 7 weeks of beach (bum).

Tomorrow I hope to meet up again with Annie B and Barb and Frank, my friends from Port Alberni.  This will be the third time in Mexico, isn’t life good?

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...