Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just another boring Saturday…

Woke up to again cloudy and cool morning but my day brightened when I heard the Skype phone on the computer ringing and I was talking to Janet and Malc.  They arrived home safely after a long 24 hours of travel.  They had met with their kids and Grandson Tom and all was well.

Amazing technology these days just after talking to Malc he left to go to the stadium where his soccer team was playing.  I received an e mail from my Nephew, Andy, telling me to go to a certain website where I could watch the same soccer game live where Malc was.IMG_2844The once mighty Tigers lost again I am sure to my brother’s chagrin.

Around noon the day switched to a sunny warm afternoon and off I went to pick up Paola and Daniela to take them out for a couple of hours.  At Santa Julia it was lunch time for the little kids.IMG_2848

We first went to a local park where they had so much fun. IMG_2854  IMG_2855

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2857 Daniela sure takes a beautiful photograph!!IMG_2865 Paola is fearless I saw signs of that last week at the hot springs,  today she just goes and does everything with reckless abandon.

IMG_2868 

IMG_2893

Look how lovely their hair looks!!

Soon it was time to leave the park to go to a church down town where at 5pm they were having the blessing of the animals.

This is a local tradition where  people can bring their pets to the church and have them blessed by the priest.IMG_2871 The girls wanted to explore and for the first time I actually saw the person responsible for ringing the bells.IMG_2876

So there were all kinds of animals..IMG_2881

IMG_2897

IMG_2888

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2886

IMG_2905

The Priest comes out reads a blessingIMG_2908

then blesses the animals with holy water.  If you look closely to the right hand side of his right hand and you will see the water drops.

The girls seemed to enjoy seeing and touching some of the animals.

We had ice cream then I dropped them back at their home.  I really enjoyed my time with them they just

trust me completely and are a joy to be around.  Paola and Daniela get along so well and I was thankful for the opportunity to see them today.

Tonight I was invited to a small dinner party at a local restaurant by a friend and it was a very nice evening the food, company and music was first class…

So you see that is was a boring Saturday looks like in SMA

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...