Thursday, January 01, 2009

First day of the New Year…

Started the New year off by working hard washing Ramona even went on her roof and washed all the dirt off there.  Also washed the car and went and did my 15 lap run.  I wish I had my camera with me when I was running.  The little park is just at the end of the street and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I was running and saw this huge black and white dog coming towards me on the path,  except it wasn’t a dog but a small calf.  He must have come over the railway tracks and up into the sub division.  He ran away down a side street.

Then decided to take more muffins to Santa Julia.  Paola had gone for the day with one of the Madres so I didn’t see her but I did see some of my other small friends, including the only boy,  little Alexandajro,  who was being read a story by this young lady.IMG_2041

Then went to the Rv park where Barb and Frank are staying for a hamburger pot luck.IMG_2042

Had a good time seeing all my friends from the park.

Barb and Frank and I then went to another house party at Robin and Ken’s home.  Robin is the special Director of Santa Julia and has done so much for those girls.

Their home and gardens were beautiful.IMG_2045

IMG_2046

The food available was wonderful and then the surprise was the band that played.

IMG_2053

The music was very well performed and one of the band member’s son even performed.IMG_2059

When the band played again this woman, a guest at the party, wowed us with an incredible renditionIMG_2064 of Grenada!!!

This was a fabulous party and a great way to start 2009.

I am now getting the casa ready for the arrival tomorrow of my brother Malc and his gorgeous bride Janet.

I have hired a friend to drive me to Mexico City tomorrow afternoon and pick them up, so tomorrow’s blog should have photos of a great re-union.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...