Monday, June 06, 2022

Monday 6th June 2022… a train journey!!

 Time for a little train ride….This morning Malc dropped me off at the local train station and I took two trains to the quaint little town of Yarm to visit my lovely friend June!!!










June and I met seven years ago on the first day of a 45 day cruise from Vancouver to New Zealand and we have remained good friends ever since and in fact the last time I saw June was when she and her partner, Vince, came to stay in my casita in SMA two years ago…..very sadly Vince passed away a few months ago……..


June picked me up at the train station and we went to a local park with her son, James and her 11 year old grandson, Sam who is an avid soccer player and we kicked a ball around for a while I have not done that in years and happy to report I still have the touch!!!


We then walked through the park down to the river, it is a very pretty area!!!











June cooked a fabulous meal and then she took me to her local health club which can only be described as immaculate and amazing and luxurious….it is owned by David Lloyd a former number one British tennis player…..we swam laps and then some time in the jacuzzi…how sweet was that!!


Tomorrow we are going to tour some of the coastal towns in the area….


I had a bad Wordle day and Janet prevailed again, well done!!





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...