Friday, April 01, 2022

Friday 1 st April 2022…where does the time go???

 The months just seem to fly by…..April already……


For as long as I can remember my Mum always told my brother and I when we woke up on the first day of a new month to say Rabbits,  Rabbits, Rabbits and it would bring us good luck for the rest of the month and I have done this all these years including this morning!!






l love the Jacaranda trees that are in full bloom all over town……









Since I have been back on Sunday I have started back at the English school where I have taught for seven years, I teach the highest level and my students when they come to my class already can speak quite good English but the lack the confidence to speak….I will be the very first to admit I am not a scholar and did poorly in school, too many soccer games and girls to distract me but I seem to have a knack to be able to connect with my students and bring out the very best in them…..


My class is small and this semester was obviously cut short because of Covid and now we are just completing the semester from two years ago when Covid closed the school…….we will only be teaching till the end of the month when the semester ends and I have two students, Patty who is a Mum with two 20 something daughters and is a lawyer and Adriana a 26 year old college student……we just sit in a small circle and talk I challenge them with questions and I always have a lesson plan and we never do it because something comes up we get off track and talk about all sorts of things….I think the teaching that I do is the highlight of my life here in SMA…..


In addition to the class I also meet for an hour once a week with Martha and Iliana who were  in my class three years ago and they wanted to continue to meet when they graduated the class so we meet and again just talk!


Then about a year ago I joined an organization that gives scholarships to about 30 students every year and they needed tutors for English and I have been meeting with Vanessa again for an hour once a week…..she is 21 and her English is very good and she is an amazing young woman this country is in good hands with many amazing individuals like Vanessa, Martha and Iliana round!


It goes without saying I have so enjoyed connecting with Frida again





 we walk everyday for an hour and she is such a great dog, so gentle and good around other dogs and she walks well on the leash…..on our walk yesterday we stopped in the small park by San Antonio  church where there are some benches and I noticed this bird just sitting in the bush right by the bench…..when I sat down just a foot away the bird did not fly away he did not look to be in distress and he was still there when we left.





Finally to be back on the clay tennis courts is a real thrill…..I am blessed to be able to play so often, my knee does not cause me any problems or pain.





I have seen a few friends and I love my life here in this magical city!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...