Sunday, April 03, 2022

Sunday 3 rd April 2022…a relaxing day!!!

 Well I had full intentions of getting up at 5.30am and going to see the procession….


But last night we put our clocks forward and I just did not make it……




Later in the day I walked Frida and we went by the church and there were still many people about..








In front of the church of the San Juan de Dios Hospital, there are these traditional "taquitos de piloncillo", every year they come and are placed around the church, from the last weeks of February and Until Easter week in April, all the local people know and love them. They are little taquitos of dough, they bathe them in piloncillo and put them in the pan to brown, they are a little greasy and sweet, they are tiny and cost $1.00 pesos. You can find the ladies who sell them in a small stall or on the sidewalk, people from towns who take advantage of these seasons to sell their delicious taquitos. 


I did ask  permission to take the photo of the lady and bought three taquitos and they were quite sweet…









Like all the celebrations in Mexico you get the traditional fireworks all through the night and the colors around the church are amazing!!


This up and coming 18 year old superstar won the ATP title In Miami and I enjoyed watching him knowing I had seen him up close in person two weeks ago in Palm Springs!!





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...