Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tuesday 26 th April 2022…memory lane!!

 A blast from the past..this was my home before I moved to Mexico!!



Sunday 27th April 2014..Day 22!!

This morning was tea in bed and watching a very exciting live soccer game from England………then I had decided I needed to do a big hike at least the distance of the first stage of my Camino so I packed up and was out of the door at 9.15am with my pack loaded as it will be in Spain…..the weather was a little overcast a good walking day not too hot.

Some of the sights on the way!!

DSC03550

DSC03554

DSC03558

DSC03552

DSC03557

DSC03562

DSC03563

Now I don’t want to sound like I have a big head or anything but I have lived in this town over 20 years and during this time I have been quite a volunteer, Crisis Line, Big brother’s, Referee coordinator and mentor and also helped with many charitable events and a few years ago I was rewarded with the city naming this small park after me!!!

DSC03561

Of course those of you who live in Nanaimo will know that is not true!!!

Anyway I arrived back home at 2.45pm having walked 27km or almost 17 miles..I felt a bit tired and my legs a touch sore but I was happy I did that and I had no soreness in the evening.

Heather cooked a lovely roast beef dinner and zack brought his prom date, Hannah over for us all to meet her, she is lovely…this weekend is the big prom festival so looking forward to that and then we watched the movie Saving Mr.Banks!!!!

Now ready for bed!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...