Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Tuesday 5 th April 2022…a day in Mexico!!

 When people ask me why I chose to live in Mexico maybe this might explain just a little……

When I walk Frida at least one day a week we go and sit on the benches in the main  Jardin and I just relax sort of meditate and wonder at the beauty of the church and how it was built and then I also wonder how a Limey kid from a big steel city in England ended up here all these years later!!


Frida is a lady magnet…. everyday some lady will comment on how beautiful she is and it happened again this afternoon….two ladies passed by and stopped and turned and looked at Frida and said how handsome…..and of course me being me cannot let that comment escape without saying are you talking about the dog or me and always it is Frida as it was this afternoon we had a good laugh🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢


On the bench where we sat today at the end was a guy about 25 years old, not a homeless man but it looked like his luck was out on him…he tried to make conversation with me but I explained my Spanish was not good….he talked a little more and then he said something I did understand…he asked if I could give him 10 pesos for a bottle of water….

I usually always have change in my back pack but this time I did not all I had was some big bills and the smallest being a 100 pesos bill…..I looked at him and said in Spanish as I gave him the  💯 bill no beer and no smokes and he replied no…and away he went….

We continued sitting there FRIDA was on pigeon watch, she likes to look but does not bother them.






About ten minutes later the young man comes back with a bottle of water in his hand and he hands me a small container of ice cream and my change and says thank you…..I was very moved by this gesture and told him I did not eat ice cream and for him to have it and to also keep the change….he smiled fist bumped me and away he went!!


Later in the afternoon I went back into town to meet with Martha and Illiana for our one hour of conversation …..I parked my scooter in one of the designated areas for motor cycles and I always  open up the seat put in my helmet and glasses and always put my keys in a special pocket of my back pack.





Off I go to meet the girls and afterwards walking back to where I had left Little Yellow I open the pocket of the backpack and no keys..I stop look in every pocket but no keys ..now I am thinking I know what I did I left them in the lock of the scooter….my house keys, my car key fob..what the heck!!!





As I am walking I am hoping they are still in the bike but no such luck they were gone ……


BUT


Taped to my seat was a big napkin and written on the napkin was Gumbo Pizza…..


I looked around and saw Gumbo pizza store a few doors away from where I had parked…I went in the restaurant and asked the barman about my keys and he went and fetched the delivery boy who had found my keys and left the note…. 🤗🤗🤗🤗


I was so relieved and thanked him and gave him 200 pesos!!!


You ask me why I like Mexico???


Tonight I met four great friends at my favorite restaurant and we all had country fried chicken..great food …lovely company!!






I am blessed!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...