Monday, April 04, 2022

Monday 4 th April 2022..a new week!!

 

This story………




It happened at a New York Airport. This is hilarious. I wish I had the guts of this girl. An award should go to the United

Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably

deserved to fly as cargo. For all of you out there who have had to

deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that

the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14".

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically,

the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir,

you'll have to get in line for that, too."


This story reminds me of the day many years ago when I was flying from Seattle to New York to London…..when I booked my ticket I paid extra for the exit row with extra leg room and as it turned out I had the same seat, 11C , on all three flights.


When I checked in at Seattle they told me my  bags would go straight to my destination and there was no need for me check in again in New York.


The flight to JFK was uneventful and on arrival I had two hours between my flights so I wondered over to the airline check in counter just to double check my seat assignment.


I was in line and in front of me at the ticket counter was a very loud, aggressive and quite big woman screaming at the ticket agent behind the desk…..it was obvious from her accent that she was English and behaving very poorly…….the shouting went on a little while before the nasty lady slammed her fist down on the counter and walked away.


It was my turn to approach the counter and I could the see the lady who was the brunt of this abuse was crying and wiping her eyes…..


I slowed walked up to her and I said to her very quietly…….I want to apologize for that horrid English woman and assure you not all English people are that rude!!


She forced a smile and composed herself a little and smiled at me and said thank you and what can I help you with today sir??


I asked if she could check my seat assignment for my flight as I was told in Seattle it was booked……


She spent about 45 seconds on her computer and looked right at me and said I am sorry Mr.Pearson that seat is taken……..before I had time to reply or show my disappointment she went on to say but Mr.Pearson I do have a seat in First Class available and I have up graded you to that seat and she smiled at me!!


I was stunned as she handed me a new boarding card as she directed me to the first class lounge area!!


If you have ever flown first class you will know what a luxurious flight I had that afternoon…..it was totally amazing!!!





There is a moral here I think!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!



No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...