Sunday, January 26, 2020

Sunday 26th January 2020..a little hiccup!!!,

Had an email this morning from the travel company

Cheopo Air......I have used this company for a long time to book my airline travels.......


This is my booked itinerary to return from Paris to Nanaimo ..






.you will see that I am stopping over in Halifax Nova Scotia for 4 days which is wonderful because I can stay and visit my really good friends Paula and Jerry and also have a visit with a long long ago friend, Alan.  We met on the flight from London to Bermuda as we were a group of eight police officers hired to start work on the Island....we became good friends and roomed together for a while but I have not seen him since maybe 1978!!


Well I checked out the alternative flights the company scheduled me for but they were ridiculous because each of the five alternates all had me flying from Paris to Calgary and then back to Toronto and on to Halifax  and then back to to Calgary again.

I called the company but a recorded message told me that because of the China problem with the virus if I was not travelling in the next four days to call back after four days.


So I called West Jet direct and talked to a very nice woman who spent about 15 minutes with me but she was not able to get me anything that would fly from Paris and stop in Halifax but she did tell me that if I had no satisfaction with Cheapo air to call back and they would get me a flight from Paris to Calgary and onto Nanaimo but I would not be able to have my lay over in Halifax!


She also told me the reason for the cancellation of the flight from Paris to Halifax was that the aircraft to have been used was one of the Boeing fleet that they had problems with and have grounded the planes and that is why she is able to help me even though I did not book direct with their company!!


So I will call Cheapo in a few days and see what they say but it is almost guaranteed I will not be stopping off in Halifax...bummer!!!


Yashi Kochi!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

The good thing is that your flight change is in June. That gives the Coronavirus a chance to blow over and the scare to settle down. Keep us posted, it is an interesting conundrum and to see how the airlines handle this.

mexicokid said...

I am not expecting much help from the booking company, they are pretty strict but I was impressed with the West Jet representative..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...