Friday, January 31, 2020

Friday 31st January 2020...blink and January flashed by!!!

This morning I took Little  Bluey to my mechanic for

a service and checkup and then went to  play tennis with the new group..it was as always a great two hours on the court.


Afterwards I went into town took a different route down this tiny street..











Did some chores at the bank, bought some groceries and came  home.....


Had a little rest before I walked back to the mechanics to pick up the car...she is all set now for the big road trip.


I finally decided which route to take and on the 10 th February this will be my route to Brownsville where I have an Airbnb booked...I know I am going further east but this route is very easy and a great drive and much cheaper without too many toll roads.





The next day I plan to drive 30 minutes to the area around South Padre island and walk the beaches for the morning and then take this back road route to Laredo, where I again have an Airbnb booked.

The bright blue route!!





February 12 th at 9.30am I have an appointment with the Mexican consulate in Laredo where I am applying for a Temporary Resident permit, if approved should take less than two hours and this will enable me to stay in Mexico for four years without having to leave and drive my car to the border every 180 days!!


Hopefully that afternoon I shall drive to San Antonio





 where I am going to take Kirsten out for dinner......Kirsten is the daughter of my lovely and long time tennis partner, Carolyn who passed away three months ago..we will have lots to talk about since I last saw her at her Mum’s celebration of life in December .


I have not made plans yet after I leave San Antonio but heading to Tucson Arizona!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...