Monday, January 27, 2020

Monday 27th January 2020.....another busy week begins!!!

So do you call someone who sets his alarm for 3 am

in the morning to get up and watch a live tennis match from Australia ?????crazy,,,,,,,





It was a really great game which I enjoyed and am amazed at their level of fitness.


Did manage to go back to bed for a couple of hours before I got up and was at the gym by 8.30am.....I thought I would be dragging my you know what but I felt good and had another hard work out session.


Came home and had a late breakfast and then went and exchanged the scooter for the car and I drove the 45 minutes to the large Texas based HEB grocery store on the outskirts of Queretaro......the main reason to go there was to buy five months supply of my medication, I take a small pill each evening and morning.


The cost for 60 tablets in the USA is 425 dollars and here in SMA at the local La Comer the cost is 1800 pesos.....at the HEB I can get the quantity for 1495 pesos plus a small 75 pesos discount for using my senior card.....so it is worth the trip plus I enjoy the drive!!!


This is the photo which was taken in 1957.....my Mum, brother Malc and the wee guy me....





I took it to a photographer friend and he produced this for me!!





I plan to take it with me to Paris in May and try to find the exact location and have a photo taken!!


Went to my English class tonight and I had invited my friend Kristen to come along she has been many times before and is very artistic and great with the students who really enjoy her...tonight she had us all make two small deodorants filled with baking soda for our shoes....such a novel idea and they all loved making and painting them.










Gary a new friend came along he is going to do some of my classes when I leave, he will be really good for them.




The finished product!!!






Unbeknown to me the class had a collection and bought a beaut gift for Kristen, she was over come..what a wonderful thought and I of course told them how proud I was of them and their kindness!!!





I spent 45 minutes on hold to Cheapo Air this evening and finished up hanging up will try another day!!!




Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...