Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Wednesday 15th May 2019...I got real lucky!!!!!




Beautiful day but started out with an almost disaster..we decided to take Izzie out in her stroller which was in the garage..funny when I went into the garage yesterday I said to myself this is dangerous because after you open the door to close it you need to pull down on a slot in the door and I said to myself this is not good you could get your fingers smashed in the slot..so this morning I got her stroller out pulled down on the slot and turned to say something to Gracie and the next thing I had smashed my fingers in the slot I let out a terrifying scream and Graciela came running..I was on my knees I thought I had broken all my fingers

Looks pretty innocent...

This is what got me...






Even the kind man next door came running over....it took some minutes to calm myself and I knew I was very lucky that my fingers were not broken but three of them were blooded and swollen and hurt like heck...

Went inside and Gracie got me a dish with ice and I soaked my hand and really the pain almost went away....I could move the fingers and I felt ok...My fingers are sore and I know my nails will turn black....but could have been much worse....





....we continued to get Izzie in the stroller and went for a lovely walk around the park...

Some shots along the way...









The tennis courts are a long way from being ready!!








This afternoon we just did some computer stuff whilst Izzie and the later on I went to pick up Jonah..we haven’t been able to do much the two days because of the weather and he does love to go see the ducks so after school today drove him to a new park where he enjoyed seeing the ducks and then using the play ground equipment....











This evening we sort of have a routine..it gets a bit hectic when everyone is home with feeding ..bathing..cleaning up and bedtime..so Gracie and I take this time to be downstairs and we watch Jeopardy and then an episode of West Wing....I know it has been out many years but if you have not seen it well worth watching...lots of seasons and episodes....


Then usually around 9 pm Gracie goes upstairs and plays piano and studies Spanish and I stay downstairs and watch the live hockey games that are on most every evening!!


Well a different day for me just so glad to be relatively unharmed from my accident!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...