Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday 13 th May 2019...rain rain go away!!!!!

Woke up to hard rain and what looks like cold temperatures outside.....I was on duty for Izzie this morning and around 11am Gracie took over and as I did not get out of the house yesterday I needed to today so I s pite of the rain and the cold I went out!!


The power of the internet gave me a waterfall only a ten minute drive from the house and that is where I went and it was really a great sight!!!


Walked around with my umbrella and enjoyed taking these shots.


















Again thanks to the Internet I found this store just a mile from the house.






.inside the store was like being back in England with all the English products and brands.....now I have learned that everything is very expensive and when I saw that none of the items on the shelves were priced, never seen that before, I knew this would be true here....they had fresh home made steak and mushroom pies that looked delicious and got up enough courage to ask how much...I think I might have fallen over......19 dollars...ok 19 dollars for a fresh baked pie you are thinking is not bad.....but 19 US dollars in my currency, which is where I earn my money is 27 dollars!!!!!

Not a great shot but see how small it is!!




Anyway I bought the small one as the big one was 35 US DOLLARS!!!


I hope to inform you tomorrow that it tasted wonderful!!!!


I went to pick up Jonah from day care and then we went to the supermarket with him to get out of the rain and he loves to go there and never stops talking!!


Sadly we are in for the same kind of wet day again tomorrow!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow, at that price the pie should be gold plated. Great pictures on a rainy day!

mexicokid said...

Yes wonderful falls and yes. The pie was really good but those prices!!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...