Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wednesday 10th April 2019...a great Day!!!

So begins a special day..


Aaron was able to fit me in at 8.30am so I had my last session with him as he is away next week and then I am away......I really enjoy my sessions with him he is really a great young man and I look forward to continuing with him when I return in June!!

Did some errands around town and bought some supplies for the party tonight.


Off to my afternoon poker and yet again I put money in the bank..this time 💯 Pesos!!!!


This evening went to pick up the cake I had ordered



Yes I know the spelling.......



 and then off to the last class this semester.








One of my students Adal is the only level six student to graduate and there was a nice certificate for him....that is the one I took to the framers yesterday..I picked it up this afternoon, on time and in a lovely frame and the cost 💯 Pesos!!






All the other students receive a certificate also and I know at least two of them are not coming back next year.


I had printed out a paper about how important a second language is and we read and talked about that....


Then it was time for cake and juice..I brought in some OJ and water, cut the cake and then enjoyed a small farewell party and as a small gift I had made copies of photos we had took of they in different classes through out the year..they really liked them!!




I wanted to do something special for the students.....so I arranged with the other four level teachers and their students to be out in the main court yard and when they were gathered I brought my students out....





This is Gracie and her level two students..





Introduced them and thanked all the teachers for their dedication because when I get the students their English is really good...I encouraged all the students in the lower levels to continue their studies and then let each of my students say a few words 







and finally presented Adal with his certificate and he made a nice speech!!!







It was a great evening and now I have a break till classes resume again the first week in September!!


On the way home..taken two blocks from my casita...no photo shop..this is how they came out of the camera!!!














Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...