Saturday, April 20, 2019

Saturday 20th April 2019.....USA!!!!

Well this was a much much better day than what I expected...


We left at 6.30am knowing the dogs and the house are in great hands and the driving was easy....for the first two hours it was on roads I have travelled many times and then it was o to a new route for me......


Happy to report the traffic was very light and only four toll booths than was a big shock , so few.....the drive was lovely through some mountains and then into farming land...


I drove for just over six hours and then Graciela took over and we arrived at the border at 4pm..as we knew only one lane was open but it was a very quiet border crossing and we only waited about 25 minutes...a couple of questions and there we were back in the US of A....


Another ten minute drive to the motel I had booked and after checking I. I could not get the front door to the room to open...I went back to reception and they apologized and offered to upgrade us to a suite..which was very nice of them and we were settled in by 5pm...very happy!!


We are both not hungry and I went for a walk around the area whist Gracie had a bath and tonight just a game of cards or a movie.....


We have another eight hour drive tomorrow and then we slow down....


So day one went really well.


I wish all my readers a safe, healthy and Happy Easter Weekend!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Happy Easter to both of you, drive staight!

mexicokid said...

Thanks..les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...