Monday, April 01, 2019

Monday 1st April 2019...2 for 1!!!!!!!

Two posts in one day how about that!!


The tomato seeds that I planted two weeks ago are slowly coming up....






One of the gentlemen who helped so much in blowing up all the 350 soccer balls for the Three Kings Project last Christmas contacted me and he asked if I would take him to the village where the balls are made and today was the day we went.


Daryl came to pick me up at 10.30am and away we went....I had only been there once back in October but with just a couple of short diversions managed to find the village and Moses, the man in charge of the cooperative that manufactures and sells the balls.


His workshop is in the back of a small Tienda, grocery store.....he remembered me right away and Daryl bought three balls!


I told Moses I would be returning in October and this time order 400 soccer balls and asked him how much the cost would be.....last year I paid 70 Pesos each for 350 balls.


He told me the cost of materials had gone up and for the 400 balls he would charge me 75 Pesos per ball..a real bargain as they are individually made in the village homes and are good lasting quality.


Moses workshop....









We left telling him I would return in October to order the balls.....it was a good trip!!


These two shots I just enjoyed the colours and were taken  in the Guadalupe Colonia of SMA!









4.30pm saw me at the gym for my work out session with my trainer Aaron...another hard and sort of enjoyable hour.....afterwards I just have time to go home and get cleaned up and ready for my English class at 6 pm.


We are winding down and the last class is on the 11 th April..I decided to do something totally different with them tonight.....I had asked on Saturday at the tennis courts where I play if I could bring the students and show them around the complex and they agreed.


Diana and Edgar showed up for class and the first stop was at my gym where we went in and met my trainer Aaron and we chatted for a few minutes, all in English!!!


So we walked about five minutes to this gate...






And they were blown away about what was behind the door......three tennis courts!!!






A small RV park enough room for 12 small Rvs and about a dozen apartments..


All this was explained to them in English and I even asked a couple of the people in the park if we could look inside the motor homes......we then walked back to class  passing the lovely San Antonio church..






and talked about the idea of travelling that way and they all said they would love to experience that!!


It turned out to be a great outing for them!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, is that about $4.00US per soccer ball? Also, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst quality and 10 being the best quality, how would you compare the balls to the ones manufactured for use in official football league games? If the price has gone up for the purchase of the materials, does he still intend to purchase the same equivalent quality materials from the same vendor as he used last year?

As a simple example, years ago, when inflation increased the price of goods to make a Milky Way candy bar, the price of the bar went up, but the increase was not for the full amount of the inflationary price increase, instead the company reduced the size of the candy bar. It's a marvelous price for a custom made soccer ball even with the increase in price, but I guess you have to make sure you are getting at least the same ball you got last year with the new price. This was all pounded in my head in Production Management 101.

Love your header picture; Dad definitely must be in a deep sleep!

mexicokid said...

No it was really tongue in cheek..he has raised the price to me only 5 pesos per ball...the quality is really good plus it helps the whole village..the cheapest ball I could find in the stores her last year was 138 pesos..that ball was junk and made in China..somthis is a win win situation....have a great night best wishes les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...