Monday, April 08, 2019

Monday 8th April 2019.. a surprise at class!!

Aaron changed my gym session to 9.30am this morning which is actually better for me I don’t have to rush from the gym to my English class now......


Spent the afternoon cooking a couple of meals for later in the week and doing some planning for the road trip.


We pretty much have the drive to New Jersey set and we leave Saturday 20th April and plan to cross the border at Brownsville, Texas where we have a motel booked!!






It is a long driving day and you all know I do enjoy driving plus Gracie can also take over and this is a route I have not done before!!


The next day is also another long driving day to Lafayette, Louisiana and again a route I have not taken before!!






We also have a motel booked here and we should pass some interesting and pretty countryside.....


If you know these areas and can suggest anything worth seeing always welcome!!!!


The rest of the week is at a more leisurely pace with some waterfalls, hiking and historical places of interest!!


This is the final week for my English class..the Graduation class is on Wednesday and I have only one student graduating and we have a nice certificate for him....I am not sure at this point if any of the other five students will be returning in the fall..I know two of the young men will not be as they move on to University.....


Tonight it was amazing all six of my students showed up!!!!!.....we just played word and memory games and talked about the summer and their plans!!

It was a great class!!


Beautiful sunny day here again and nice it is now light till almost 8.30 pm!!


Investment advice!!!






Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Rick said...

Have a great trip Les.
My only recommendation would be to take an airplane, get there in a few hours, saving a lot of time and money:)

Cheers,
Rick

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the advice..lp

Dee Tillotson said...

The only thing I can recommend right now is where NOT to visit. The week that you are traveling is the start of spring break for most college students. The colleges stagger those breaks continuously over a two to three week period. AND where do those students go with all their pent-up energy? Not home to visit mom and dad; They go to every beach in the southeastern US or southern California which will rent them beds at a cheap price and cram as many party students as possible into a room.

I'll take a look at a map and get back to you, but based on where you will be in Louisiana and off the top of my head, I'm thinking the Ozarks.

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the heads up..I think our route will by pass all those kids....lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...