Thursday, April 04, 2019

Thursday 4th April 2019......different evening!!

great tennis this morning it does appear that every day is the same weather wise..just warm and pleasant and a clear blue sky.....did some road planning and reading this afternoon and then Gracie and I went to a town hall meeting on safety and security for the town......the big theatre was packed and many issues were addressed..


It is no secret that crime is on the rise here in SMA some of it is regular crime expected in any city but also there is the start of some cartel type murders happening in the last three months.


I do see a noticeable increase in police presence on the  streets and I still feel very safe here but it always a good practice to be alert and use common sense at all times.


I remember when I was a Bobby in England in the late Sixties they started to take Police officers out of the cars and back on foot patrols in the local neighbourhoods and this seemed to be a working deterrent and I personally enjoyed having a neighbourhood to myself getting to know the residents and shop keepers!!


It is still a common thought that Mexico is unsafe but in the twenty years I have been coming and living here I find it still a magical place to be and the local people for the most part seem very friendly and welcoming....I have never felt or been told that this is not my country and I was not welcome.


I guess time will tell what will happen!!



Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...