Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wednesday 11th April 2018....Day 6 continued!!!

Just too tired after last night tennis marathon to post the blog so here we go from yesterday woke up to to see this strange thing in the sky what could it be??


Yes the sun returned I knew I would be doing a lot of sitting today so went out for a hike yesterday morning actually more of an urban walk...did about 12 km and it felt good and espec8ally as I was wearing my new walking shoes for the first time.....

Life is not all easy being retired there are certain chores to be done...





In the afternoon oon I was another thrilling live soccer game from England which finished just in time for me to pack up and head out to the tennis s5adium and yes believe it I found free parking about a km away......

Beautiful golf and tennis club...


The seat that I purchased on line was not the best but there were many empty seats so I just changed sections and as you will see later in the night had the best seat in the house.....enjoy the tenni like I did!!!




Johnson in the blue top was the winner here last year but he was taken to a third and exciting set before he wore his opponent down!!


As tHe sun disappeared and the lights came on the matches got exciting...


But apparently not exciting enough for these four....I reckon they paid 125 dollars a seat and they had no idea a tennis match was taking place🤢🤢🤢🤢




In total I saw four matches and the last one again went to three sets and the winner Taylor Fritz is an up and coming US player and in fact I last saw him play in Palm Springs in a junior competition which he won that was the same one where my young here Ashley made it to the semis!!!



I did not get home till gone midnight some might say that was because I spent  good thirty minutes looking for where I had parked Little Bluey....the joy of getting old!!!

So now I am going for another urban walk and will be in my seat for the start of the noon match and hopefully will be able to stay and see the night session too......this is all good but I do miss my tennis a week now without the racket in my hand many times last night I wanted to jump over the boards and hit a ball or two!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!










No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...