Saturday, April 07, 2018

Saturday 7th April 2018......Day 3!!!!!

I knew this was coming this morning so no surprise....





So I woke up to rain...gloomy skies and cold!!!!!

My plans to take local transportation to down town were cancelled and I settled in at the condo made a nice breakfast and watched a live soccer game from England and I must admit it was one of the most thrilling games I have seen!!


I forgot to mention yesterday that the condo is great and very comfortable but I did not know till I arrived that there is no internet.....I thought every home in the country had wiFi......the owner e mailed me to tell me the local library is two minutes walk away.....

When I checked in yesterday I took my iPad and knocked on the next door neighbors door and asked him if I could pay to use his password and connection...the man was very kind gave me the details and said there would be no charge so I actually do have a connection it is a tad slow and only works in the dining room area but at least I can write this.

After the soccer game I did walk around to the library and use there internet for a while.....

This was taken outside the library...


It was still cold and I decided to drive to down town where the visitors information centre was located I had a few questions.....

The traffic was still bad but found the way to down a town quite easy..parking not so...the parking lots were advertising 40 dollars😤😤😤

I drove around found a lot for twenty dollars and parked....I walked to the address of the information centre and boy was I shocked.....it was inside a ladies boutique store..the clerk told me they were in transition and they had a small desk in the corner of the store....I could not believe that a city this vibrant and tourist oriented would have this happen......the lady could not answer any of my questions and had no brochures I was interested in and I came away with a very bad taste in my mouth over this.....I thought about the tourist centre I went to in Laredo it was huge and so much information.....

Walked back to the car



and drove out to my favourite grocery store Trader Joes and did some shopping before heading back 🏠.....it was still cool and windy!!

Had a nice chicken pot tie for dinner a long hot soak in the tub and have done my reasearch on line and have plans for the next two days.....the weather is supposed to get better.

Made the best of the day😃

Happy Sunday to my readers!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!





6 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

$40.00 for parking is insane! Nice pictures.

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, unless you are pulling another April Fool's joke on me, I can't believe Houston charges the average Joe that much for parking for one day!! Now, if you were in New York City, I would believe it. We know Houston has been through hell with all the floods and a bad hurricane, but what a way to collect funds for cleanup and rebuilding which are put on the backs of its citizens having to commute into Houston every day.

Hope the weather improves fir you.

mexicokid said...

Yes many lots were charging forty bucks........still no change in the weather today but found free parking twice .......and no joke about the weather still cold...cheers les

Dee Tillotson said...

P.S. Found out that on-street parking in Houston downtown is FREE Mon.-Sat.from 6:00 pm to 7:00 am and ALL DAY Sun. However, be aware that any parking spaces with red markings is a no parking zone the entire 7 days a week.

Dee Tillotson said...

PPS. If you find metered parking, it is good for up to three hours.

mexicokid said...

Twice I found free parking...🤗

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...