Saturday, April 21, 2018

Saturday 21 st April 2018....Day 17!!!!

Today was moving day and it was raining hard this morning we needed to get to the car rental office and taxi was the best option it was about a two minute walk from the apartment in the rain and we found a taxi and he dropped us off at the car rental office...after I had booked from this company I read terrible reviews about the wait and service but really could not have gone better about a ten minute wait I was able to change my return to a much better location for us next Friday and then Pequena Blanca



Was on the road....isn’t she a gem??

I was a tad worried about getting out of the fit in the rain with out my GPS which I have not been able to down load yet but it was a breeze!!!

Really easy and we drove in the rain on the main highway I had planned to go by the coast but with no GPS and the heavy 4ain went inland.....

I did want to stop at one walled town but way too wet but we did manage a walk around another town , Coimbatore and here are some photos...









We decided to go to the town of Aveiro nick named the Venice of 🇵🇹....

We found a place to park and wondered around as now it was starting to warm up again...

,



Really cute town...



It was now almost 6 pm and we still had no where to stay so we found a cafe with internet and Gracie got on line with booking.com and booked us a B & B for 60 dollars.....it was a close drive and the car is parked right outside and the room is spotless and the owner wonderful and this is the view from the dining area...


We walked back into town and had dinner and then came back and now to do research for tomorrow....

I am pleased that Ian all worked out and tomorrow I intend to get the GPS up and 🏃....

YASHI Kochi!!!













4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Loved the gondola with the picture on it. Tried to translate the caption below the picture of the woman in a bikini watering her lawn or garden with her neighbor standing at the gate, and all I could come up with was "my neighbor wants a ......... (couldn't see clearly the letters of the last word)." I'm sure there was some humor there. LOL!

In Europe, $60 per nite certainly is great with breakfast in the centro of a town or city. If that is for the two of you, it's a steal. In the past, we've found the host likes to charge per person for adults.

mexicokid said...

Thanks it is a charming little town with lots of atmosphere and yes the 60 dollars is total and the breakfast was amazing have a great day...les

bonkers said...

Lovely town and great photos!
I'll be in Portugal next month. Would you mind posting the name of this B&B.
Thx

mexicokid said...

It is called Aveiro Mizu B & B and we booked in on booking.com Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...