Friday, April 20, 2018

(Backup) Friday 20th April 2018...Day 16!!!!

Neither Gracie or I are big believers in group tours but today I had booked a 9 hour tour with a company that sounded really good.  The pick up point for the tour was three minute walk from the apartment and we met our guide, Neena, on time there was a total of 8 on the tour and Neena was our guide and driver.....I think the best way to experience what we did is to Google     go2lisbon.pt and check out the link for the day tour to Sintra!!!

We first drove out of the city on the banks of the river Trejo which then turns into the ocean and we stopped at Cascais for a short while...


As you can see it is cloudy but not too cold..we walked around had a little breakfast...many of the sidewalks are so beautiful with these small pieces of stone laid individually...




Our next stop was called Hell’s mouth.....




Then it was to the most westerly point of Portugal....


Spectacular ocean views...





For the afternoon were in the quaint town of Sintra we had 90 minutes to walk around and explore the beautiful sights...







We returned to the van and then were driven to the Pena Palace where we had free entry into the grounds and explored for almost two hours..a very different almost Disney likability castle....

















We arrived back at the drop off point at 6 pm so a good long interesting and happy day.

I went to the shop where I had hoped they had downloaded my Europe map into my GPS but they could not so really sorry to say when we pick up the car tomorrow will not the GPS to guide out of the city....I hope in the next two days I can find a place where I can attach my GPS to a computer and do the down load....

As I said we get the car tomorrow and head out for a week some places I have booked tomorrow night I have not so check in and if I have internet there will be a post!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!






























3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Very worthwhile tour! The architecture, particularly Sintra, has a Moorish or Arabic flavor. So much so that I was looking for a Muslim prayer tower. Ha!

Great photos of Gracie and you!

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Excellent pictures! Some car rental places can supply you with a GPS. I hope you manage to download the EU map yourself, it sure makes driving easier.

mexicokid said...

Yes we felt it had that flavour too...they wanted ten 💶 a day for the gps I just need a place to plug in my USB and I am good to go hopefully tomorrow it would help but we did ok today cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...