Friday, April 06, 2018

(Backup) Friday 6th April 2018....Day 2!!!!!

Well I had a good sleep but only till 5.30 am not sure what that is all about..anyway I got up made some tea and messed around on the iPad and then had a nice soak in the tub....said goodbye to Maria as she was going to work and she told me to help myself to breakfast and leave the key outside 🤔

It was another overcast day so good for a long drive....my first stop was at the Visitors information centre which is a beautiful building I stayed here in Ramona in 2006!!!!






I wanted to take the back roads to Houston and I found a route which was on these kind of roads...


Just as fast as the Interstate but no traffic to contend with.....

Sadly the lack of sightings of wild flowers with only these shots..


I think Little Bluey took a wrong turn!!!


Reminds what kind of State I am in!!!


Some sights in a small town I passed through.....





Finally made into the city and traffic was nuts🤩


Arrived at my condo home around 4pm looks really nice




And 50 feet away...


Will use this tomorrow....

After a nice dinner I went to get some groceries and now going for a long soak in yet another tub and then a 🎥 

Today’s drive...





YASHI KOCHI!!!




























2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, where did you find the condo -- Air B&B? It looks like you are in a suburb of Houston. If you are looking for Lady Bird Johnson's wild flowers, most will be in the Hill Country of Texas. The Texas State flower is the Blue Bonnet and is numerous in the Hill Country. She and US President Lyndon Baines Johnson donated the Johnson Ranch in the Hill Country (known as the Texas White House while he was in office) to the US National Park Service, and it is free to get in and drive the ranch. Lady Bird planted wild flowers all over the ranch, and the US Park Service has continued to do the same thing on the ranch to this day. The ranch is beautiful with all the old oak trees, and President Johnson and Lady Bird are buried on the ranch with their family of ancesters. The family was brought to the area as German immigrants.

mexicokid said...

Yes Airbnb I realize that I will not be in that area..the traffic here is nuts so going to try to get into the city centre by bus this morning..a nasty cold front moved in too...have a great weekend les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...