Sunday, April 08, 2018

Sunday 8th April 2018.......Day 4!!!!!!

Sunday morning so must mean having a cup of tea whilst watching a live soccer game from England....peeked out the door and still grey clouds and cool!!!!

Late in the morning I headed back down town in a better frame of mind still the traffic was furious and this shows the spider web of roads.





I arrived at my destination where I managed to find a free parking spot and  I had a tour booked.

I was early so took a nice walk along the bayou bank...






This is a new species of wild flower called Rosa flagette,,,,,




















This tells a little about the cistern tour...








Photos are not great....







This was a very short and informative tour and I especially liked when the tour leader turned off the lights and then his powerful torch on the pillars the reflections were stunning and then he demonstrated the sound effects by having the 5wenty folks on tour shout out loud then suddenly stop....the echo lasted 17 seconds!!!



My next stop was the waterfall wall.....so glad to have the gps and to put total faith in it.

Managed to find a parking spot and the second time today a free one🤗🤗

Pretty cool,to have this in the middle of a city.














Found my way home without any problems and settled down to watch the exciting final round of the Masters golf 🏌️ in Augusta.





This evening I took a long walk and found a McDonalds not to eat but to use their internet to post this.

There was an awful tragic road accident in Canada and 15 members of a youth hockey team were killed such a tragedy!!!!





Tomorrow I have a long day road trip to something I think you will 😉 stay tuned.

Yashi Kochi!!!!

3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

So sad about the young hockey team and coach. I note that an investigation is underway to determine how it happened and that a large semi was also involved. Just such a waste and hope their families get a complete and thorough investigation from the authorities, God Bless Them.

Just think, while you were walking the streets of Houston, such a thing would have been impossible a short time ago as those streets were covered in water and the canals were overflowing with water, nothing but rescue vehicles with large tractor-like tires plying through the flooded streets. News coverage was good on the effect of the hurricane on Houston. What wasn't good were evacuation services before the hurricane hit, at least getting the disabled and elderly out of homes and hospitals along the canals. There certainly was a failure there.

Dee Tillotson said...

PS. By the way, MacDonalds has cups of parfait made with creamy yogurt, strawberries, and blue berries for $1US a cup. They are so good I can eat two cups at one sitting. Try them for a snack, better than ice cream.

mexicokid said...

I know the devastation was huge and the recovery seems well under way thanks for the yogurt tip....and the loss of those young lives unbelievable take care les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...