Saturday, April 28, 2018

Saturday 28 th April 2018.....Day 24!!!

It was an early morning start and thank goodness we were so close to the train 🚊 station.....

Boarded the train at 7.45am 






and had to change trains at the first stop....this next train was really comfortable and the three hour ride to Faro went by quickly partly due to the fact I was sleeping.....

We arrived in Faro on time at 11.30 am and had to wait till our bus to Sevilla which was due to leave at 1.30 pm

I was feeling pretty proud of myself having made all the reservations and bookings and all going smoothly throughout Portugal I went to check on the status of the bus and of course I was sent crashing back to earth.... I had made a huge error in my planning the bus did actually leave at 1.30..but that was am not pm....so the bus I had booked had gone hours ago!!!

There was no choice but to book a later bus leaving at  3.30 pm......
I made my humble apologies to Gracie who was absolutely fine and across the street I left our two cases in a luggage locker and we walked around the simple but clean town centre.....

It was sunny and windy but we enjoyed the exercise....






These stalk nests are everywhere..




We came back to the bus station and our bus





Left on time...














 and arrived in Sevilla around  8.30 pm  there is a time change of one hour from Portugal and took a bus to the air bnb where we are staying for three nights!!!
The apartment is gorgeous and very comfortable and in a good area to explore tomorrow.


The plan was that I would do all of the planning for Portugal and Gracie would do the same for Spain....so I can relax a little of course I know where we are going and some of the things she has planned.....

Portugal was a special country extremely clean and modern we saw no apparent poverty.....much graffiti and some of the people not too friendly...the road system very good and the food not so....of course we only saw a small part of the country and liked all that we saw.

So now Spain awaits....

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I love the pictures you're posting. Spain should be a great time for the food and the music.

mexicokid said...

They are turning out so well I think the new iPad has a lot to do with it cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...