Thursday, April 19, 2018

Thursday 19th April 2018.....Day 15!!!!

The apartment is very quiet and has all we need including a washer.......we had another busy day planned and packed up and walked for about 20 minutes in the central area where I left Gracie where she went shopping and I walked down to the river front....







We met up again and took a nice stroll through the down town streets....


This shot below is actually a full window reflection I kind of like it...
This is an interesting photo of Gracie outside a world famous pasty shop.....it is the only place in the world where you can buy these pastries they are very similar to a custard tart.....we went in and sat down and ordered two drinks and two tarts if I told you I ordered an extra tart that may tell you how good they were!!!

The story is that the monks in the monastery next door use the white of the eggs to starch their robes and they did not need the yolks so they gave them to the local people and they started making the pastries.....they were delicious and the restaurant had over 400 hundred tables but we did not have to wait and that tells you how busy it was they say the line us is always like that and in fact the line up behind Gracie is for take outs!!!!




The famous yellow tram..this is listed in the guides as a must do but the line ups are so long we decided against it!!


All the next shots are taken in the Belem district if you are interested to Google it you can read all the history on the monuments and castle!!!









This I think is so cool it is Henry the Navigator the top person on the sculpture and the plane coming the other way!!!




We took the Hop on Hop off bus back into Centro and walked home...we walked a few miles today and are now relaxing at home...I am having an issue trying to down load my Europe map onto my GPS and have it at a store around the corner I hope it is done when I go back later tonight!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!































2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Looks like the weather is great! If you have a refrigerator in the flat, shopping at the beautiful fresh vegetables and fruits market would be a treat. However, I don't know how expensive they are. Since Portugal and Spain produce such tasty oranges and export them to the US east coast, they should not be too expensive; I think they are called Valencia oranges. Of course, the photo you took of the great fresh strawberries I would pay most anything for; we have such a short growing period here for strawberries that we have strawberries every day to get our fill until the season ends.

Your camera is doing a great job with lots of color, and opening the photos up large on my screen does not reduce the crisp quality of the photo.

We see that the Portuguese know how to make wonderful pastries, but what is your opinion of local Portuguese meals? But I've noticed that you like to prepare your own meals in advance to take with you to make better use of your time, especially when you are driving.

Enjoy all the sunshine!

mexicokid said...

Thanks yes we got lucky so far with the weather and the fruits are delicious especially those strawberry 🍓 Gracie bought olives cheese bread and sardines and she says they are wonderful...tomorrow we get the car but sadly I have not been able to download Europe map in to my GPS may be a challenge good old google maps....the meals are not great we find but we snack a lot blessings lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...