Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday 29th April 2018...Day 24!!!!

The apartment is really lovely and quiet and early this morning I walked around the corner to a small store and was in time to get the fresh bread coming out of the oven.....


The day was sunny but a tad windy and we were all packed up and ready to explore the historical section of town.....





The small streets are for perfect for getting lost and we did but along the way saw some amazing buildings...





Then Cathedral is stunning..



























The crowds were huge to get into some of the buildings so we did not try...





We spent a while here at the Plaza de Espana and the colours the tiles the construction takes your breath away...







I climbed one of the towers for this shot..





This lady was so graceful....
































We then decided the green hop on hop off was a good bargain for 18 💶 as it was good for 48 hours and it also included two walking tours and a romantic tour and also a glass of wine.....


At first it was too cold to sit up top but then the sun came out and we did....



The bull ring..







The time went by quickly and then we went on the 4 pm walking tour through the Jewish centre..the guide was very informative and we both enjoyed that tour.
















We came back to the apartment 





tired and had a rest and then went out to a small tapas bar and restaurant close to us and had a nice dinner....


Another great day....


Yashi Kochi!!!

3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

When eating out, tapas bars are the way to go if you don't feel like eating a huge meal. And Gracie can get a great glass of wine and you can get a tasty bottle of sparkling water with a little fizz.

Great photos of Gracie and you. You are a gentleman by carrying the backpack! I'll tell you and Gracie a secret; for some reason after I got married, I ended up carrying everything! Even my kid handed me stuff--hey Mom keep this for me!!

Are you getting most of your walking tour information from the city's tourist information center? I understand that now you can pick up tickets there which allows you to go to the head of the line for entrance into special building tours and exhibits. In your opinion, what differences do you see between the Spanish architecture of Sevilla and Mexico City? I know the constant earthquakes have ruined or destroyed a lot of Mexico City's architecture.

Just so much to see, and both of you look like you are having fun!

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow! What a beautiful city.

mexicokid said...

Thank you both for the comments the main difference I see is here the use of the wonderful tiles in most buildings..yes Gracie is enjoying the tapas and I do most of my research on line...thanks Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...