Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tuesday 20th march 2012….the final leg of the road trip begins!!!

I was on the road by 8am this morning and although I was only driving 80 miles it was on narrow roads with hazards like this..

IMG_9205

I did indeed go through the center of one small town where the roads were so narrow I had no time to take photos…trust me they were narrow streets.

I soon came to the turn off I was looking for and was rewarded with this spectacular view!!

IMG_9207

IMG_9209

Laguna Santa Maria del Oro!!!

The legend here is that this is an extinct volcano and on the eastern banks lived the beautiful princess and on the western bank the local farm boy…you know the story..they met fell in love and the father forbids his daughter to see the boy and the lake is the result of all her tears!!!

The road down to the lake is steep and narrow but nothing that Ramona could not handle and soon found myself here..

IMG_9210

If I had come here yesterday it would have been packed with tourists but today I am the only one here!!!

IMG_9233

For 150 pesos I get hook ups, hot showers and clean washrooms and lovely scenery!!!!

IMG_9232

IMG_9235

 

IMG_9211

When I checked in the lovely lady had her daughter with her sitting do some school work…I came back with some candy and a Canadian key chain for her and later on in the day the young girl,  Carla, came over to me and gave me a key chain of the campground, how nice of her!!!

IMG_9231

I enquired about renting a kayak and for 50 pesos I had this beauty for the afternoon!!!

IMG_9212

So with a lunch packed and yes to all you doting Mum’s, my life jacket on….off I went!!!

IMG_9213

There are some lovely homes around the lake!!

IMG_9215

IMG_9224

IMG_9217

I could not find anywhere to stop that was not a private dock so I just floated and had lunch!!!

IMG_9225

IMG_9222

X is my starting point!!

IMG_9228

Coming back home…..I was gone a couple of hours and really enjoyed being on the water again..I wore my tennis elbow brace and I think it helped as I am not sore…yet!!!!

Came back and took advantage of the beautiful day to read and relax and whilst I was reading I heard this voice say “Is that you Les?”  Wow somebody here knows me!!!  It turns out my friends I met a few years ago in Mexico Irene and Chris who I keep in touch with and they follow the blog e mailed their friend who stays here for the whole Winter and let him know I was coming and he came over and introduced himself…I am so sorry I cannot remember his name, but he was very nice.. from Ottawa and comes here and stays…he hikes and enjoys bird watching and he is 82 years old…small world!!

  It is now 8pm and I have ate, showered and ready for tea and a movie…very quiet here and being on the road felt good..Blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...