Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday 23rd March 2012….an easy day!!

Had a wonderful quiet sleep and always nice to see the sun shining when I get up around 8am!!!

First on the agenda was a cup of tea and sat outside and read one of the few old newspapers that I have left.

After a good breakfast of eggs and toast I checked the calendar and decided to stay here over the weekend…I am in no rush it is lovely here so why not stay and enjoy the weekend…no reason was the answer I came up with!!!

The RV park is very well run clean and full facilities for 24 dollars per night!!

IMG_9331

IMG_9330

IMG_9332

IMG_9333

Three of my best friends…..Ramona, Bonita and my chair!!!!

IMG_9329

These are the views just across the street!!

IMG_9335

IMG_9337

I needed to buy water and so I went into the small town on Bonita…the usual system for buying water is that you just walk into any store and leave your jug and buy a new one but usually they have to be the same brand plus my jug has a handle much easier to maneuver around and the cost is from 12 to 25 pesos so I have to make sure there is a handle on the jug.

This morning I found on the main street an actual water bottling plant and went in.  Not only did the owner wash out my jug inside and out and fill it up but only 10 pesos!!!

IMG_9328

Spent a couple of hours in my chair reading my lonely Planet Europe book….boy am I going to some great countries in a few months!!!

Guilty feelings, just small ones, started to take over and I put on my runners and went across the street for my beach walk!!

IMG_9336

X is where I am headed!!

It was a lovely walk saw very few people!!

IMG_9339

This is the view looking back to where I started!!

IMG_9341

IMG_9344

Really enjoyed the almost two hours walk it is always a time when my mind goes off in weird and wonderful places!!!

Tea time and some more reading this time my John Grisham novel… until it was time to head out again on Bonita sunset picture hunting!!!

Sit back and enjoy!!!!

IMG_9356

 

IMG_9363

IMG_9364

IMG_9380

IMG_9389

IMG_9383

IMG_9395

So another lovely day!!

Time for my shower and then the movie…wish you all a happy and safe and wonderful weekend!!!!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Les... Just another note to say how much I love your blog! It should be promoted by the Tourism Council of MX or whatever it's called in MX!!

I am in SMA now... 2 wks in... it was a whirlwind getting down here and am still kind of recovering.

I thought of a question for you today pls. You have shown us lots of photos of strawberries in the past... do you just rinse them with regular water before eating or do you use one of the disinfectants? Trying to decide how careful to be... thanks for any input.

Happy trails!

mexicokid said...

send me an e mail and i will tell you what i do and where i buy them from...mexicokid99@yahoo.ca and welcome to SMA!!!! Les

living.boondockingmexico said...

Beautiful pics Les, as always. Thanks for sharing.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...