Sunday, March 04, 2012

Sunday 4th March 2012……….ARMY DAY!!!!!

Now you have heard me speak and write about these special friends Paula and Jerry that I met in Nova Scotia last summer and we became really great friends and have met a few times here in Mexico in SMA and Maruata and now here in Melaque…well………what I did not tell you…is they are just a tad strange!!!!

They told me two days ago that today is Army Day!!!! I said what??   Army day they said March 4th…March fourth…March fourth as in a march..so Army Day…….go figure!!!

Anyway this is for P & J!!!!

4

This is really hard for me to believe but tomorrow when I leave here it will be the start of my journey home to Nanaimo……after nearly 9 months on the road I am finally going north!!!!

Spent the morning doing chores and getting Ramona ready for the road then met Inga and we had a great long beach walk and then said my farewell to her…I have enjoyed her company and glad she is doing great!!!

Came back  home and  with P & J spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool!!!

IMG_8905

About 4.30pm I came back to Ramona to get my book and my Skype message was flashing on the computer and I answered and look who I saw!!!!!!!!!

2

The miracle of modern technology!!!   Sara had the girls for the afternoon and they were at her Casita and here is Daniela skyping me!!!!!  We had a little chat and it was wonderful to see her lovely smiling face!!!!!!

Sad to say Paola was supposed to go with Sara but when she went to get the girls the Madres told Sara that she had gone to her Mother’s for the day…..Sara took Daniela, Jermina and Gege…so that was wonderful for them, thanks Sara for setting that up and showing Daniela how to Skype!!!!

After the pool is was time for the final game of Mexican Train and modesty forbids me from telling you who was victorious!!!!!!

IMG_8907

Note the Clooney like growth!!!!!

P & J made wonderful BLT’s for supper followed by delicious flan!!!!

So yesterday it was farewell to my great friends, Barb, Joy, Frank and Colin and today it was Inga and now Paula and Jerry I am just so blessed to have so many great people in my life!!!!  Thank you!!!!

So I leave in the morning for the small beach town of

Map picture

Rincon de Guayabitos about one hour north of Puerto Vallarta here my wonderful friends Gail and Larry are staying!!!!

This is the start of my long journey north so after months of being on the road the end is in the distance…what a journey!!!!!

So thanks everyone in Barra for being so great to me!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...