Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tuesday 14th March 2012…whale of a day….almost!!!

The ocean looked calm and I thought a great day for whale watching!!!

I have done this trip every year for the past several years and had some awesome adventures…I paid my 200 pesos and away we went!!!

IMG_9103

IMG_9105

A full boat and me the only Gringo!!

IMG_9106

The white building on the right is where I am parked!!

One of the neat rock formations on the way out!!!

IMG_9109

We then went out to sea for a while there were 7 boats out there and after a short while we did see in the distance a whale…the skipper zoomed towards it and we saw the whale again from a distance and then the unexplained happened…the skipper turned around and came back in to shore and we stopped at an island to swim and relax for 45 minutes…I know this happens on this trip but not after 10 minutes of whale watching……we then came back to the beach.  The man that took my money was not there and our skipper did not speak any English but I felt robbed it was not what I had expected and I intend to go back in the morning and lodge a complaint in the hopes of a partial refund or another free trip..it was really a let down after so many years of good times!!

These two photos are from previous years!!

1

2

These three photos from Nova Scotia in September!!

4

5

3

Anyway it did not spoil my day neither did finding out I have a problem with my water pump intake valve…it is leaking when I turn on the pump.  I e mailed some of my great knowledgeable friends and it seems I need a new part that I will not be able to get in Mexico…so it means a bit of an inconvenience till I get to the border but not a big issue!!

Just getting ready to listen to the Canucks hockey game on the computer….

Did I mention sunny and hot again!!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...