Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday 24th March 2012……Same as yesterday!!

Good breakfast outside reading a newspaper is always a great start to the day!!!

I then went exploring on Bonita and the clouds were very unusual ….

IMG_9398

Took the back roads to another small beach town!!

IMG_9403

Saturday is always a soccer day the world over and I just imagined all the games being played some in incredible stadiums in front of thousands of people with the players raking in obscene amounts of money and then there is this happening again all over the world!!!

IMG_9405 

I had heard about a Pearl farm and did find it

IMG_9406

but the tours were over for the day!!

IMG_9407

Hard to see but the net markers are to the right!!

I then went into the big town of Guaymas..here are all the big box stores but I managed to find the lovely central square and sat and people watched whilst I had lunch!!!

IMG_9410

Then went for a walk downtown…you do not see many of these stores around any more!!

IMG_9412

I am always reminded that Woolworths was my very first job at the age of 15 years…I shall never forget my first morning I was assigned to the glass ware department and it was a disastrous time I cannot remember how many I broke and it was proved to be my undoing as when I reported for work the following week and was asked to see the manager…..she told me that she thought I was not cut out for the glass ware department so she was putting me in charge..YES IN CHARGE…….wait for it…the broken biscuit department…..Woolworths has a nice section of bins selling individual biscuits and of course some of them get broken and they are set aside and a small section sells discounted broken biscuits and I was the BOSS!!!

LOOK they still have the biscuit section!!

IMG_9413

Could not pass this lady without what is probably my last strawberry purchase for a while!!!

IMG_9414

So look at this photo below and tell me where you think it is taken, Canada, USA……..

IMG_9415

Down town Guaymas, Mexico!!!!

 

Had a great turkey burger on the BBQ for supper, showered and now listening to the Canucks hockey on the computer.

Yashi Kochi!!!!!

My cousin e mailed me and asked me what the above words mean!!!  After she was told off for not following the blog more closely as she would not have to ask…just kidding!!!

When I was with my buddies Paula and jerry in Maruata a few weeks ago we were staying in a restaurant lot where the family was indigenous of the Norwal race and Yashi Kochi means sweet dreams in the language!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...