Sunday, January 01, 2012

Sunday 1st January 2012……this and that!!!

My day again started with tennis at 11am with Carolyn and Shawn and a new good friend Sandy…it was a great way to start the New year…..Sandy is a seasoned traveller and I am going to miss him he leaves on Tuesday for 2 months.

Well I said I would write about 2011 and it is difficult to know where to begin!!!

I arrived back in Nanaimo in April after a memorable winter in Mexico and crossed another item off my list went I visited the Copper Canyon the high light of that trip was zip lining down 7 stations into the canyon…you have not experienced a rush until you are strapped onto a line thousands of feet above the canyon floor and travelling at speeds of 50mph.

My family in Nanaimo are awesome, Heather, Kirby and the boys always make me feel so welcome and to have that as my home with the views, the ocean is truly a blessings for which I am so grateful.

Middle of June it was time to make the journey East…my first time to the Mritime Provinces of Canada..the people I met the sights I saw will always stay with me…too many to mention but I managed to cross more things of my list….seeing the big cities of the East coast of the States was amazing but the real highlight of that was my first cruise and my first return to Bermuda in 31 years……I spent 10 years on the Island and it was a big part of my life and it was wonderful to see all the places where I played, fought, worked, even the yard where I got married!!!!

Seeing the foliage change in the Easter states was wonderful and a journey I shall always remember..to be back in San Miguel in November felt like me coming home.

My girls are the most important thing in my life and to see them growing, yes mis behaving, is a joy in itself…when ever I walk into Csa Hogar I am surrounded by little tykes just wanting to be with me…..

Yes 2011 was a wonderful celebration of life and I have so much to be thankful…first my family in England…I don’t see them very often but they are paramount in my mind I love them all and glad we keep in touch by Skype and blog!!!

I have so many wonderful special people in my life I will not mention them by name but you know who you are…..some I see often, some I see not too much and some I don’t see almost at all…it doesn’t matter to me…YOU are a part of my life and always will be and I love you for it!!!!

My health…I could not do 85 % of what I do with a body that although it is getting older and slower it keeps me very active and takes me everywhere I need to go.

I also want to mention Inga who was important in putting me in touch with my Financial Captain BILL!!!!!!

With Bill at the helm of my ship I am able to continue the life I do with a good income every month…..…..thanks to my readers for sharing the journey!!!

This new year I have the feeling will be somewhat special I just have the feeling that it is going to be an awakening and a year of joy and happiness….I wake up every day and say bring it on!!!!!

So thanks for many e mails words of encouragement..

I wish you all joy, peace, great health and love!!!!

Blessings Les

2 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

Thank you, Les, and we wish the very same for you! Here's to 2012! A year of new possibilities!!! Cheers!

mexicokid said...

See you in 10 days!!! safe Travels Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...