Monday, January 02, 2012

Monday 2nd January 2012…still not use to writing 2012!!!!

A rare event a morning with no plans so I just relaxed had a nice breakfast, read a newspaper, doesn’t matter it was three months old still enjoy tea and the paper, take after my Dad!!!

Saw this balloon from my sun deck

IMG_7899

IMG_7901

Did some Spanish studying, some computer work and just enjoyed the quiet time!!!

At 1pm I went to a local hotel where I met Sharon and John, a lovely Canadian couple from Vancouver…I have known them a few years and they do so much for the community here in SMA…today it was the wrapping of over 850 gifts that had been collected and were for the kids in the outlying Campo’s!!!

IMG_7907

About 35 people showed up to help wrap and wait for it……..you remember a few weeks ago I was appointed the Canadian Director for Casa Hogar, well today I was made a Team leader for the gift distribution…..so lets have some respect OK?????

We were split up into teams and our team is responsible for 237 gifts for one school, so we wrapped the gifts and sorted them into boys and girls and ages and got them all ready for the Thursday delivery.  It was a long job but so rewarding!!!!

I then met Carolyn for tea and we had a good visit and she is a sweetheart and is going to lend me her SUV for the delivery of the gifts on Thursday!!!!

I then went for a walk downtown and took these few shots

IMG_7902

IMG_7910

After supper I went downstairs into the TV room and watched two great soccer games pre-recorded earlier today in England!!!!

Another great day!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...