Saturday, January 07, 2012

Saturday 7th January 2012 …..the GIRL is back!!!!!

Before I start on my day here is a photo I received today from the gift distribution in the Campo on Thursday!!

Dia de Tres Reyes 2012 186

Then this one from yesterday!!

IMG_1678

So my morning started with 2 hours of great tennis at 9am…the sun was shining and the games very competitive!!!

Came home and read the local newspaper and declared it was time for R & R!!!

So got some food put my computer outside and sunbathed and listened to the Canucks hockey game for a couple of hours!!

At 3.30pm I had an appointment downtown to meet a gentleman who was going to introduce me into a mentoring program at the boys home where Paola’s Brothers used to be before they were taken out and put back home with their mother BUT the man I was supposed to meet didn’t show!!!

As I was coming home I passed this bar and decided I could not pass up this photo

IMG_7985

Back home time to get cleaned up and to go to a local hotel for this show!!

IMG_8005

As the proceeds form the concert was going to Casa Hogar all the girls came and I was there waiting for them!!

IMG_7986

Imagine my joy when I saw this young lady get off the bus!!!!

IMG_7987-1

I had not seen Paola since Christmas Day so it was a lovely reunion!!!

IMG_7988

Here are all the girls!!!

IMG_7989-1

Now for some really important news!!!!!!  I had a date for the concert!!!!!

Melanie is a really special person and we got along so well….she spent a lot of time holding my hand, sitting on my lap and smiling!!!!!

IMG_8002-1Isn’t she gorgeous!!!

I made sure I sat next to Paola and Melanie stayed with me for the whole concert she is 5 years old and beautiful…Paola got lots of attention and it was sure good to have her back and I hope she can settle down and get her little life going in the right direction!!!

The concert was really good and the star of the show was very talented!!!

IMG_7995

IMG_8000

IMG_7996

I could not quite capture the show with the church in the background but it was really quite special seeing the church and then the almost full moon!!!

The girls behaved so well a couple of the younger ones fell asleep but they were a credit to Casa Hogar!!!!

A great show!!!

Came home and watched some TV and did some computer work…..another perfect day!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...