Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday 27th January 2012…I must be nuts!!!

In the Pearson household growing up with two soccer crazy kids and a husband my Mum must have had such a hard time and there was a song she used to sing…

“ you’re football crazy, you’re football mad and football is a taking away the little bit of sense you had”

Well I think that applies to me this week with tennis..staying up all hours but I finally got smart…I found out the games that start at 2.30am can be seen again in the afternoon!!!

So whilst I was playing tennis this morning I managed not to hear the score and when I had finished playing came home and watched this incredulous 5 hour epic battle!!

 

      •  nd_31576

 

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Novak Djokovic overcome his breathing problems and fatigue to beat his old friend Andy Murray in an almost five-hour Australian Open semifinal Friday night and move into his third straight Grand Slam final.

Standing between Djokovic and a record shared by some of the greatest players of all time will be No. 2-ranked Rafael Nadal, a man he beat in six tournament finals in 2011.

Despite appearing tired and sore from the second set, the defending champion rallied to beat fourth-seeded Murray 6-3, 3-6, 6-7 (4), 6-1, 7-5 in a rematch of the 2011 final at Melbourne Park.

After wasting a chance to serve out the match at 5-3 in the fifth and letting Murray back into the contest, Djokovic cashed in his first match point when the Scottish player missed a forehand after four hours 50 minutes.

"You have to find strength in those moments and energy, and that keeps you going," Djokovic said. "I think we both went through a physical crisis. You know, him at the fourth set, me all the way through the second and midway through the third. It was a very even match throughout, from the first to the last point."

Djokovic dropped onto his back, fully laid out on the court. He got up and shook hands with Murray, before jogging back out onto the court like a boxer, dropping to his knees and crossing himself.

It was already after 12:30 a.m. Saturday when he got up again and pumped his arms triumphantly.

"Andy deserves the credit to come back from 2-5 down. He was fighting. I was fighting," Djokovic said. "Not many words that can describe the feeling of the match.

"Evidently it was a physical match ... it was one of the best matches I played. Emotionally and mentally it was equally hard."

 

The question now is what do I do about the final again on at 2.00am Sunday morning!!!!

Spent a couple of hours this evening getting Sara’s apartment ready for her arrival late Sunday afternoon….

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...