Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday 14th January 2012…waterpark day!!

I picked Paula and Jerry up at 9am in the car I had rented for the day and we went to a few stores to look at cameras because their camera has not been returned to the taxi office and then we went to Casa Hogar as today was the day I had arranged for 11 girls to go to the waterpark in Queretaro….as I thought some of the plans had changed and instead of taking the older girls 8 of the younger girls were coming along and so sad to say my Paola was not one of them…..it was heartbreaking to leave without her.

We did take Daniela and little Melanie who is 5 years old and sticks to me like glue….we had all brought little treats for the girls and Paula was awesome in the back seat entertaining and being entertained by them.  It was only one hours drive and in convey we all arrived safe to find out the water park was closed but the rest of the park was open…sit back and enjoy some photos of the day!!!!

IMG_8059Daniela and little Melanie!!

IMG_8061

At the park we added little Jamena to our group so the six of us went around together!!

IMG_8076Jamena!!

IMG_8069Jamena and Jerry!!

IMG_8063

IMG_8062

The grounds of the park are well kept, clean and interesting!!

IMG_8067

 

IMG_8072

IMG_8073

Little Melanie is in there somewhere!!!

IMG_8075IMG_8074

IMG_8084

IMG_8088

IMG_8093We took a train ride around this Island!!

Jerry said to the girls do you want candy floss!!!

IMG_8094

I do not think Melanie enjoyed hers!!!

IMG_8097

IMG_8098

Daniela showing the correct way to eat noodles!!!!

IMG_8101

Behind my back pack is Melanie!!

IMG_8102

Then the highlight of the day for the girls and me too I guess!!! the boat ride!!!!   I remember this from last year it is a ride where you cannot get anything but drenched so this time we were prepared we stripped the girls down to their bathing suits I was the designated adult and away we went not once, not twice but THREE times!!!!!   The screams could be heard 40 miles away!!!  That water was cold!!

IMG_8104

IMG_8105

IMG_8106

IMG_8107

Paula and Jerry were great at getting the kids dry and warm, me?? Well I had to fend for myself!!!

Soon it was 3pm and time to leave I had asked the Madres before we left if we could bring the girls back a little later because I wanted to take P & J to Wal-Mart and Costco to see if they could find a camera……the girls enjoyed the adventure into the huge stores and sorry to say  P & J could not find the camera they wanted.

Paula had the girls with lip gloss, nail stickers and sparkles and by the time they got back to Casa Hogar they looked like a million dollars.

Paula and Jerry so thoughtful had brought a little bag of goodies and a note for Paola so when we got back I asked to see Paola and she was sad but smiling a little when we left and she enjoyed her small gifts.

What a day thanks to all my friends who took time out from their day and paid for the girls to have such a great time for me to have Melanie in my arms all day loving me was a tonic I needed!!!

Dropped P & J of at the RV park dropped the car off and now downstairs watching a live football game……..a priceless day!!!

1 comment:

Kevin Read said...

Looks like a fun day, that's for sure! Tell Paulita y Geraldo "hola" de Kevin y Ruth!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...