Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday 20th January 2010…lazy day!!

Didn’t have to drive the girls to school today so I slept in and had a lazy sort of a morning.  I did go for my run before breakfast but that was a mistake as after completing 15 laps I hit the wall and had to stop.  I think it was because I ran out of energy not having anything to eat, so won’t make that same mistake again.

I took advantage of the incredible hot sunny day and lounged and read till it was time to go get the girls on my afternoon run.

A couple of things I always do in Canada before I leave is firstly to go to Superstore on the morning of November 1st when they have all their Halloween candy on sale and each year I buy a big bag of Rockets or Tootsie rolls for 99 cents.  This year there was 400 rolls in a package.

jan20 001

Inside the package is about 12 small hard candies.  The kids down here love them and I always carry a few packages in my Fanny Pack.      YES…I know I can hear you all saying he still wears a Fanny Pack!!!!!!   Yes just cannot bring myself to wear a shoulder bag….anyway the other thing I do is go to the Dollar Store, which is now incidentally a $1.25 store and buy about 50 packages of Canadian key chains they come 2 to a packet and again they make great small gifts.

So why am I telling you all about this….because today in the drive home from school I am very careful about not giving the girls lots of candy or gifts when I see them but today I told them they were sick and they needed to take a pill and gave them one pack to share.  So Lupita was in charge of handing out the pills and even the Madre and myself got one, too funny!!!

I do send Paola and Daniela small gift packages during the year and each girl has her own space where she keeps her own personal things so it was nice to see Daniela today wearing something I had sent, does she look like a winner or not???

jan20 004

Now this is interesting too because I gave this badge to Daniela for Christmas and her sister Luptia wanted me to see it, so cute!!!

jan20 002

This little angel just wanted me to take her photo!!

jan20 003

I know I sound like a broken record but again being around these girls is a joy that is priceless!!!

Tonight a TV night some of my favourite shows are on ….

Sara says she is too shy to answer the question for everyone to see…hands up those who believe that!!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...